Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April already!

Not a whole lot going on around here. As usual, the kids are keeping me busy and driving me crazy every second of the day. Saturday night I soo badly needed a break, so I locked myself in the bedroom. Everything was fine til Steven came in to ask me something and when he shut the door, the kids lost it. So Rian laid in bed with me til I put her down and then it was Aiden's turn. He fell asleep with the BIGGEST smile on his face, it was so sweet.

Spending lots of time outside!

A couple of weeks ago Steven brought up asking his parents if we could buy this house. I was iffy at first but then agreed. The pros outweight the cons. His Dad said he'd sell it to us, we just haven't really sat down and talked to them about everything yet. Of course there are things I wish were different about this house, I wish the living room was bigger and more open to the kitchen and I wish our room had a bathroom. And more storage space. But there would be things I'd want to change about any house we'd buy. Every one we looked at in the price range we wanted had such teeny, tiny rooms. The three rooms in our house right now are all about the same size. So we'd be getting a bigger room but the kids would be getting smaller ones- we only sleep in it so I'm not too concerned about having a bigger room... though one day I might get brave and decide to take some walls down ha! I love the giant kitchen this house has- one of my favorite things about it. Most of the yards would take so much work, ours is already in progress. It'd be soo expensive to have to seed a new yard and blah blah. Plus Steven grew up here. Its the house we brought our babies home to. I love that they're growing up in the same house as their Daddy, so many memories are here. Just because we buy it doesn't mean we have to live in it forever. Maybe Aiden or Rian will raise their family here too. :)

Steven met with the loan officer yesterday and he gave us a check list of stuff to bring in to get the loan. So slowly slowly things will happen.! There are SO many updates I want to do- I can't waaaait! New counter tops [butcher block!] I want to paint the cabinets... I'm thinking white. And I want the cabinet doors to have glass so you can see in without the doors having to be off. I think I might totally take one down though and put shelving in, we'll see. I really want a farmhouse/apron front sink. We want to extend the island countertop so it can also be a breakfast bar. And definitely new flooring and light fixtures. The kitchen tile is horrible! The carpet in the bedrooms is fine but the living room carpet is so messed up. I want some sort of wood look. Steven's dad is doing their flooring right now and I really like the one they picked. Its not real wood but its not laminate. Ahhh I can't wait til its ours and I can get busy. It'll probably still be awhile though.

Painted the chairs pink last week. At first I didn't like how light they turned out but now I love them.

I went to Goodwill yesterday to see if they had any chairs [we need more! We can't have anybody over to eat because we don't have enough sitting space] but they didn't. I was feeling bummed because I was going to be leaving empty handed, that never happens! I always circle around a few times- there's so much, you miss stuff the first time. Well I'm SOO happy I did because I hit the jackpot! I've always been in love with my Mom's old Pyrex stuff but its so expensive online.

I got all three of these for $14!


I'm so excited for this week: County Fair, Easter, friends and family and I finally get to meet baby Jake! Can't wait to see the kids together again.

I love where Aiden put his eyeballs. :) I put Rian's on, she was trying to put them on the ears!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you already know this, but you definitely don't want real wood! It scratches way too easy! We put flooring down in our house! I can't wait to see all the updates you do! I love everything you do to your house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Oh yeah, definitely not real wood. The stuff Steven's parents are putting down is awesome. His dad banged on it with a hammer and nothing happened to it!

      Delete