Friday, May 11, 2012

Kitchen redo pt. 1

Before I do the house update I have to say: Last week Rian pooped on the potty! And she's done it FOUR times this week! Finally. Picking up peeing right away was sooo awesome but these last three months have been no fun. So happy its clicking... and just in time- she went from having little poop balls to nasty mush. GAG. Hopefully this is the end of her also having poop troubles and getting plugged up. Anyway...

Last week I painted the cabinets [well started, I'm not technically done.] I still have to do the island the cabinet doors above the stove, also under the range but that's getting replaced so I'll paint them when that happens. Such a HUGE difference! I wanted to add chicken wire to all the top cabinets but opted to just do two for now. One day they'll be replaced with glass but its not a priority right now. I love the look of the chiken wire.

And as you can see by the floor- we did a lot more than paint the cabinets!

Steven ripped up the kitchen area tile- it came up so easily. Seriously, it took him like 10 minutes.

But when he got to the area where the kitchen was extended into the "dining area", it became way too difficult. Of course.
Tomorrow he's renting some tile thing- [looks like rug doctor but removes tile] so it should hopefully all be up by the end of the weekend. I knew this floor would be a lot time and work but its driving me crazy already! I need to just breathe. We found the flooring we want to get. Everything is being delayed by this floor- mostly the part thats making me nuts.

We also knocked down this little wall- yay! I've been wanting a bigger opening forever. It was one of the first things I wanted to do.

More space. :)


So its been a little nuts around here but I better get used to it. This is going to be a long few months!

1 comment:

  1. I would go crazy too with all the mess and just wanting it to be complete!

    ReplyDelete