Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day/Removing the tile

My Mother's Day wasn't so relaxing. Saturday night Steven tried out the tool he rented- it was SO LOUD. Rian was able to sleep through it though.

This is how it looked when we went to bed that night- yikes!

We spent a little less than 6 hours working that day. It was such a dusty/hot mess. The amount of dust on us and in here was nuts! [I'm still cleaning it.] I felt bad for the kids, having to hang out in a hot, gross house basically all by themselves. Next time we'll take them to one of our parents' houses.

Happy it was basically all up!

It looks like a construction zone in here. Steven still needs to chip at the higher pieces of concrete, hard to do when he only has two free days a week. After this we'll be able to level it. Funny, we thought we were going to have to level the other side because thats where it went up but with the way this tile ended up coming out, we're now going to level this part. Its like walking on rocks and more and more dust just keeps coming up.

So yesterday Steven's dad dropped off the carpet they just ripped up from their house. They just put in new flooring, we're actually going to get the same one. I love what they picked but didn't want to get the same one so our houses looked different. We picked three that we also really loved but after reading reviews, we're going to get it the same one. I'm happy with it. Can't wait!

My babies on Mother's Day.

Steven got up early and brought home breakfast burritos and got me an iPad! Eek! I've been wanting  one or a laptop but I never would've bought one. I felt a little guilty at first but I looove it- I'm using the heck out of it so it'll definitely be money well spent!

2 comments:

  1. I love you!


    Your house will look so beautiful. I loove wood flooring!! It will look awesome.

    We have an iPad & I use it alll the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your iPad! What a nice gift! I love that picture of you and the kids and I agree- your house will be lovely!! actually, lovelier!

    ReplyDelete