Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Another update!

Wow three updates in a week! I'm on a roll. :)

I complain about the heat pretty much every time I post. Sooo over it. Its been extra humid like all of August which makes it so much worse. Hurry up October! Its still warm in October but at least its not disgusting triple digit hot. Anyway... so I'm constantly trying to keep the kids entertained. Its not even fun to swim this time of year, the pool's aren't refreshing at all.

When Aiden was a month old, I started watching my God-daughter, Ali. I bought a bunch of stuff for her, Play-Doh was one of them. I've taken it out a few times for Aiden but he really had no idea what to do with it. Last week we took it out and it was the first time it was actually used correctly and they had so much fun! They ask to play with it every day.

Fun!

I downloaded some fun learning apps on the iPad for Aiden. His favorite one is this Alphabet Pop game, it has three letters floating in bubbles and at the top, shows the letter you have to look for and pop. He loves it. Rian can play it too! I just have to remind her to look at the top to see what letter she's looking for.

Friday morning Aiden asked if he could spend the night at either Nana and Papa's or Grandma and Grandpa's. He's so grown up, asking to spend the night. My parents were in San Diego for the day so Steven tried both his parents cell phones and no answer. Later when Steven was at work, he texted me that his Dad would be picking the kids up later. They got picked up a little after 4 and didn't come home til around 5pm the next day! I let them know around 10 that I could pick them up but Aiden wanted to stay longer. 25 hours! And he still cried when they got dropped off. While they were gone Steven and I went to dinner at Brewer's. Mmmm! We've been there three times, I don't know why we don't go there every single time we eat out. Its so dang good! And the servings are huge. We stuffed our faces like two fatties. Its nice having time alone together, we need that. We're always caught up in being Mommy and Daddy that sometimes we forget to be Us.

We started our Alphabet project this morning. The letter A covered in tissue paper. And here's our hallway art display area.
Rian's on the left, Aiden's the right.

I went in Rian's room yesterday and she was cooking with leg warmers on, with one of Aiden's pajama shirts, undies and her apron- it was so cute! The next time I went in, she was wearing boots. :) As I was uploading the picture on facebook, Aiden came in with some tea for me and told me they were having a tea party and asked if I could put a blanket on the floor.

Love them. :)

I'm trying to grow Rian's bangs out, they're driving me NUTS! She'll keep a barrett in for awile then just rips it out. I don't know how her hair constantly in her eyes doesn't bug her.

Tonight is the last ever Teen Mom. I've been watching them for almost as long as I've been a Mom. I like their babies. I'm sad its ending but also, glad. They make way too much money! MTV should've been smarter and added into their contracts that they save money for their kids' futures. They make a lot of money now, but in a few years when nobody cares about them, I bet they'll have blown all of it.

Parenthood starts in two week. Yay! I could go on and on about how its the best show ever. Because it is. It ended early last season and the finale wrapped everybody's stories up as if it was a series finale, I was sad thinking it was over but its coming back. Only for a half season though. :\ Watch it, people! You'll love it. September is an awesome month for tv bugs like me. :)

1 comment: