Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11

While I was eating lunch and watching General Hospital, Rian was playing on her laptop repeating letters, sounds and words that start with that letter. It was soo cute, I watched her til she noticed and got shy.

In November, Aiden's teacher gave us a learning book to work on at home. It has flash cards to color and practice with, the kids are obsessed with them! They always want to do them. Their cousin Ryan is 2 1/2 and already knows his letters, Rebecca thinks its because of his laptop toys. So we got one for Ri for Christmas. They both love it!

Aiden's been getting better each day at letters, he's so interested in them, which makes Rian interested in them. Last month, they each knew maybe 8 letters. At dinner tonight, Rian was looking at her fork and told me, "Mommy there's a U. N. k." It says "Nuk" on her fork! Then Aiden told me the letters on his fork: g,e,r,b,e,r. So I pulled out the flash cards and what do you know... They both know every single letter!!! I was SO dang excited! Little sponge brains!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan knows most of his lowercase letters too and all of his numbers. These kids are nuts!

    ReplyDelete