Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 67

Today my mission was to find some cheap maternity shorts. One might think by the third baby, I'd have plenty of maternity wear. And I do, but with Aiden since I was working most of his pregnancy, I got a lot of khaki/brown, etc. (non-denim) capris, which I don't want to wear now. And a pair each of denim capris and shorts. A few weeks after I had Aiden, we went out of town to shop and I bought shorts and jeans, thinking I'd stay that size forever. Of course, they ended up being way too big (I lost all of his baby weight and more!) so those were what I wore during Rian's pregnancy. Sadly, the shorts/jeans I wore throughout her entire pregnancy aren't even that loose on me anymore. :\  (I'll get that body back though!)

So with the gross, hot summer right around the corner, we headed out. I was trying my best to have to avoid the maternity store. We went to Ross first, everything was so ugly! Target, everything was too big. Kohls, blah. Old Navy, I guess they don't have their maternity section anymore at our store. So... to Motherhood we went. I walked in and right away saw the cutest shorts! They had mint, coral and some other colors. The price- ugh. I went to the back and found some khaki's on clearance.

I was annoyed by what I spent, but later when I went through the gift bag, I was okay with it! A free bottle, $20 Shutterfly gift card, offers for a free sling, carseat canopy and nursing cover (you have to pay shipping for those.) And so much more, but those were the things I'd probably find use for. The Shutterfly giftcard will definintely get used!

I was actually pretty surprised at how much maternity wear has changed in the last few years. Everything now has the stretchy latex band, which was just coming out back then. Everything I have has a thick, short, uncomfortable band, that your shirts don't smooth over. I had one pair of shorts that had the good one! And I LOVE that they're now nude color! Why didn't they think of that sooner?! The shorts I got five years ago, are so long. I roll them up a little but now, they have them at a good length. Yeah, you're about to be a new mom, but that doesn't mean you have to dress like an old lady! And everything is SO much cuter! I didn't get a lot of maternity shirts before, mostly for work, but they are all shirts I wouldn't wear now. The maternity shirts now look like regular shirts, just roomier.

Left: from Aiden's pregnancy. Most of them had bands like the furthest one over.
Right: New and more comfortalbe/stylish maternity shorts!
 
Perfect timing because my jeans are either falling off or the button is digging into my belly. Can't wait to feel comfortable in my new shorts! And hopefully come across some cheaper ones.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found cute stuff! I think everything I own maternity came from Ross.

    ReplyDelete