Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 70

Sean didn't come over today because he caught our cold. Poor little guy. But it was nice to have a normal day with Steven home.

We all went to take Aiden to school, on the way I saw one of the school's in our district had registration going. So I called the school that I want him to go to, we'll call it School R, (they have open enrollment, we don't want him to go to the school our neighborhood's assigned to, we'll call that one School M) and they don't start til the first week of April. She told me I'll have to fill out an open enrollment paper at School R but register him at School M. She said it doesn't guarentee he'll get in and sometimes it doesn't happen til school already starts. :\ I called School M and they don't start registration til May 1. Geez! Those two school's are pretty much the same distance from our house, one's to the left and one's to the right. I went to School R, I really like it. And I worked at School M, did not like it. Tuesday morning I called a charter school that's right in front of our neighborhood, they already started registration and they choose their students by lottery, which she said they already did. She told me to still register him and he'll be put on the waiting list. *sigh*

I really hope he can get into either School R or the charter school. I transfered from School M to a school we'll call School G. Since I've stopped working almost 5 years ago, School G has closed down (AJ would be going there if it hadn't!) some of the teachers I worked with at School G now work at School M. I asked one of them about it, who will also have her daughter starting Kinder next year. She said its changed a lot and she's happy to be putting her daughter in. So my only hope for School M is what she's told me.

Who knew deciding on a public school for your child could be so difficult?! I'd love love love for him to go to a private school but we just can't afford that. So we'll see...

His drawing. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the school he gets into will be the best one for him. I still have two years before Ryan goes and I think about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete