Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 91

AJ finally has his allergy appointment this morning, yesterday was horrible for him. His eyes were swollen and watering nonstop and his nose was soo stuffed. When I called to make his appointment, the nurse had me start giving him a different OTC medicine. He had it for a few days and it was working well, but I had to take him off of it 5-7 days before his appointment for testing.

The poor guy was suffering big time without his meds. Steven took him since I had Sean, it kind of ended up being a big waste of money (we'll definitely be meeting our deductible this year!) The doctor said its not a good time to test him since its the peak of the allergy season.. um okay. Would've been good to know! You'd think they'd already know that at the office. He did give us a new prescription, but he also said we could just keep using the same med the nurse suggested, but up his dose to twice a day. Like really? I could've been told that over the phone and saved us $150!

They want him to go back in a month for testing, but I think we're going to wait until next year. We just have too many medical bills right now (got my bills for lab work and ultrasound- eek!) and with Steven about to change jobs, I'd rather hold off since he's doing so well with that one medicine.

Waiting to see the doctor with Dad!

1 comment: