Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 123 (Eddie Bauer high chair redo)

I've been wanting a Jenny Lind high chair but they're so hard to find! I have plenty of time, but no energy to search for one. Last year when I was looking for an armoire, I was on Craigslist every day, multiple times a day, til I found one. Ugh no desire to do that again!

I really wanted a wood high chair though. My mom got us the one we have, it was the only one they had a Target. I was never a fan of it but hey, it's a high chair! So it served its purpose. My mom doesn't have one at her house anymore (she got rid of all her baby stuff, I was convinced there wouldn't be another baby!) so I'm going to give her ours. If she didn't need one, I probably wouldn't have bought one. But it was $30 off and shipping was free! So I got it for less than $100. Not bad. And it's way smaller than our other one, love that.


Before and after
(It still needs to be touched up and a few coats of sealer)

Steven thought I was pretty crazy for wanting to spray paint something brand new, in perfect condition. But that was the whole point of getting it! It also came with a seat cushion, but I wasn't planning on using it. Maybe I'll get a little cushion for the baby's butt down the line.

I didn't love this one at first, I thought it was okay. But once it got here and I put it together, even before it was painted, I started to really like it. Now I love it! It won't be used for almost a year, but in the meantime, it's a pretty little accessory in the kitchen. And we all know my dining area can use all the help it can get in looks right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment