Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 175

This morning I had a baby check-up. It's been six weeks since my last one, (my midwife left!) so I was a little nervous about my weight gain. Another 8lbs, so 16lbs total. Not too bad especially considering the amount I'd gained with my other two!

The doctor I saw today was the same doctor I saw my entire pregnancy with Aiden, and who I saw at all my regular gyno appointments before I had kids. I forgot how nice he is! He's so much more personable than the other doctors. He wanted my next appointment to be scheduled in three weeks, but when I asked to see the other midwife, it got pushed back another week. So another 4 weeks til the next one.

On the drive home I started thinking, does it really matter who I see next? I should've just kept seeing him. I really don't like that the doctor on-call is who delivers your baby, but I understand that it makes it easier for them. It just sucks not knowing who it'll be. But then again, I didn't care at the moment while giving birth the last two times. My main reasons for going with a midwife this time were because: 1. I wanted to know and build a relationship with who would be with me when I delivered, and because typically, they're much more caring than doctors. 2. I wanted to avoid being induced as much as possible.  

But here I am, almost 30 weeks pregnant, I'll be two days away from 34 weeks at my next appointment, and I've seen a different doctor/midwife at every appointment, except I saw the same midwife twice in a row before she moved. Because the midwives are the ones that deliver their patients babies, you can't really keep your appointments on the same day of the week, which is what works out best for me since I know Steven's day off. And my second reason is also kind of irrelevant now as well. After talking to the first midwife I saw (who will be who I see at my next appointment) I decided to agree to be induced at 41 weeks if need be. With the history of my babies' birth weights, I really don't want to put either of us at risk, trying to deliver a huge baby. And to go in every single day after 41 weeks for monitoring, not possible to do with two other kids!

I don't regret/wish anything about my other two deliveries were different. So at this point, I'm not sure I really care who I see at my remaining appointments, doctor or midwife. I guess I'll just see how the scheduling for the next appointment goes. A healthy baby (and mommy) are all I really care about, no matter who delivers/how it happens.

In other news, the self-leveling concrete was laid in the dining area today! That means the next step is my flooring. YAY! Steven's dad is going on vacation for two weeks though. Steven knows how to put it in, I wish he'd just do it. I'm getting anxious about it finally being done!

Cheers!
Living room lunch while Grandpa and Daddy work.

1 comment:

  1. I would be sad if I had different doctors at appointments and delivery! I'm glad I had the same one at every appointment- she's also the only doctor in the office so there aren't really any other options!

    Quit hogging grandpa so he can make my Three year old a bed! Ryan's too big to be in a crib! Haha. But I guess you've been waiting over a year :)

    ReplyDelete