Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 185

Fourth of July!

That means Steven's off at Discount today and tomorrow at Fed Ex (they always work on the holiday and have the next day off instead.) We always love having an extra day with our guy!

I went to Joann for a few things, without the kids! It was soo nice. I turned down one of the aisles, as I was asked if I needed any help. When I turned around to say that I was okay, the girl recognized me and said, "Dang! You haven't been here in soo long! And you're pregnant!" Oh my goodness! It made me laugh that she not only recognized me, but knew I hadn't been there in so long. We used to go at least once a week. My shopping is definitely at an all time low since Baby came about! :)


Red, white and blue!
 
We went over to my parents' house for swimming and a bbq.
 

 
I was really bummed we wouldn't be seeing any fireworks this year. They used to do them at the fairgrounds and the country club, we live right behind both places, so we always saw them for free from our driveway. Perfect. They stopped doing them at the fairgrounds in 2009 and didn't do them at the Club this year. Boo. :( It especially bummed me out because the kids were SO excited for them. I hope they come back next year!
 
It wouldn't have mattered anyway though, Steven and the kids were all asleep by 8:00! Such a fun day out in the sun.
 
Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Yuma stopped doing the fireworks at the fairgrounds! I would have been sad to not see any at all!

    ReplyDelete