Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 189

When we woke up this morning, Steven said he'd go grocery shopping for me. Yes! The kids wanted to go with him, he always says yes to them, I like to go without them as much as possible! Probably because I have to do it way more than he does and they actually behave for him.


Peaceful
 
I had breakfast, watered my flowers, cleaned the kitchen, then sat down to read my Bible and have coffee. Oh man, it was so relaxing. I felt like a whole new person after that quiet time.
 
Last week I stained our desk, painted the drawers and added hardware to them (you can see it in the background.) About a year ago, I added lace contact paper to the top of it. I've seen so many two-toned desks on Pinterest that I love, I'm getting still used to mine. It's alright. It's such a plain desk to begin with, its from a Military barrack's room, so there's no detail or anything to it. It looks better than it did, but I don't love it. Maybe I'll paint it. I don't know, I just don't want there to be too much wood in here when the new flooring's put down! Or maybe I just like always having something to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment