Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 192

The kids love helping in the kitchen.

Rian stirring her oatmeal this morning.
 
At the beginning of the year, my Dad took out my old Legos and Aiden loved them! They kept him occupied for hours. They'd gotten him a huge box of store brand legos for Christmas, but I didn't take them out because I didn't think he'd be interested and they'd just be all over. But after seeing how well he did, I took them out. Sadly, the ones we have aren't the greatest, they're hard to put together or come apart too easily. The kids didn't have Legos here until a couple of months ago when Steven's dad took them to the store and they both came home with a new toy. Rian picked Legos- eek!
 
I'm surprised at how well they do with them. They always pick them up and build and build and build! It's going to be so different when the baby's here, my house is so longer baby-proofed, I've gotten used to being able to have picture frames and books at low levels and doors unlocked and itty bitty toys everywhere. Legos will be a very rare thing when the baby's mobile!
 
Anyway...
 
Today, was Aiden's first time building something by following the directions.
 
So proud!
And super impressed. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment