Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 218

My kids have never been late sleepers, we wake up early around here! But to ensure Aiden's little body will be ready for school on Monday, this week we started putting him to bed at 8pm and waking him up at 7am. Usually we wake up around 7:30, sometimes 8ish.

He got right up, but went and laid down in the hallway outside of Rian's door.

:)
 
Even though he's used to waking up early, I think it's always harder when you're woken up by somebody/something, as opposed to waking up on your own.
 
He got a fresh haircut yesterday, pretty much all ready for school, minus supplies. I called last week to find out if there's going to be an open house and it's this Friday. I'm a little annoyed that I had to call to find out, instead of them sending a notification themselves. We also had trouble locating the uniform shop where the shirts get embroidered because the paper they gave me when I registered was from the 2011-2012 school year and the store has since moved. AND. The school is already in a horrible location, on the corner of two busy streets, so traffic is awful during drop off/dismal. So two weeks before school starts what does the city do? Rips the road up! Making traffic even worse. Awesome.
 
I don't like going into this school year with an uneasy feeling. But I keep reminding myself that I had these same feelings last year when he started preschool, and we both ended up loving it. I hope it happens again this year. Fingers crossed he gets an amazing teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment