Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 223

We have two books about Kindergarten that we've been reading all week, per Aiden's request. "Look out Kindergarten, Here I come!" and "The Night Before Kindergarten."

He is SO excited! I feel "ehhhh" about the whole thing. Part of me is excited, but more of me is just plain scared. These school years go by sooo fast. So many changes, so soon. But I pray that he continues to excel and shine and is the best student and friend.

We laid his clothes out, he chose to wear a blue shirt for his first day and picked his socks. He loves his socks! His blue uniform shirts are huge, so he'll wear them tucked in and I got him a red belt, since those are the school colors.

I can't believe I'm officially the Mom of a school-aged kid.

PS- Five years ago today was Aiden's due date. I'm sending my four-year-old to Kindergarten. For some reason, that makes it seem even more sad. He seems so little!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even his mommy and I was feeling super anxious about his first day of school too!

    ReplyDelete