Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 224 (AJ's first day of Kindergarten!)

Today was the big day! Seven hours without my baby. :( He was extremely excited!


Our first day of school must-have picture!

On his first day of preschool, I also wrote what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said Policeman. I asked today too, but I wrote it on the back instead. He said construction worker. I also take the same picture on the last day of school, minus the future job written down. Fun to do the comparisons!

We also all had to get a picture with the school boy:

Brother and sister

My beautiful boy.

My guys.

Our baby.

We got there pretty early, construction is still going on, but it wasn't bad at all this morning. Thank God! So we got there pretty early. We watched him play until the bell rang. Aiden was on the swings when it rang and he started looking around at all the kids running to their classrooms. Steven had me cracking up, saying AJ probably had no idea what was going on! Everybody was running for their lives so he did the same. :) 

The spot he chose at open house.

His teacher had all of us parents come into the room and she read the kids a book, "The Kissing Hand." Then we all kissed each others hands. So if either of us gets lonely, we can put our hand to our cheek. I was doing so well, then she had our kids give us a piece of paper with a tissue attached.



 I made the mistake of starting to read it before we left and I started crying. Really hard. I told Steven I needed to go and he said, "Just put your sunglasses on." By then it was time to say bye. All of the other parents from around the school were already gone, the only ones walking out were the us with the red paper, with the poem on it. It was so sweet of her to do something like that for us. I like her so much already!

Steven and Rian ran a couple of errands after we got home, I felt lonely. :( Happy that Mondays are early out though! AJ took awhile to want to tell us about his day, he kept saying it was secret. He was the same way when he started preschool, he'd start talking about his day around dinner time. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! He is so cute. His pictures made me giggle- he has the littlest legs and his socks and shoes strapped all tight. He's so little! He is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete