Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 239

Guess what?! Rian can spell her name out loud! I don't remember how old AJ was when he learned, but this morning I randomly asked her and she knew it. Took me by surprise for sure. :)

My mom texted me this morning that they were slow at work, so she could stay with Rian while I went to my appointment. Phew! I left earlier than I usually do since they told me I was double-booked, hoping I'd get there before the other patient and be seen first. I didn't wait as long as I expected and was so excited when the nurse told me I'd be getting checked today. I gained 2 pounds in a week. I stopped gaining weight the entire last month I was pregnant with Aiden and even lost weight at the end of Rian's, before I stopped. Baby's still beefing up!

My midwife is totally convinced that I'm going to have small baby, she said she doesn't believe s/he will be anywhere near 8 pounds. Right now, she believes its about 6.5lbs. She marked "7#" next to my weight gain on my little card because she wants to know if her prediction ends up being right. I don't not believe her, it's just hard to imagine birthing a tiny little thing since my other two were... not so tiny. We'll see!

As of today, I'm 2cm dilated, 60% effaced and at -2 station. Progress! She did a "little" sweeping of my membranes, said my body's ready, we just need baby to cooperate and get in sync. All this time I've thought it was my body that didn't want to let my babies go, but as it turns out, its them! Stubborn little babies.

 
 
We are sooo close to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment